T-shirt photo by Dazey LA
By now, you must be aware of the devastating bushfires in Australia. They’ve destroyed 12.4 MILLION acres and have killed approximately 500 MILLION animals and at least 25 people. It breaks my heart. Growing up in Southern California, I was no stranger to wildfires and saw some of the devastation first hand in my small town. As scary as it was or is, it’s nothing compared to what is happening in Australia. In addition to the direct ways to donate to Australian relief efforts, I wanted to share multiple brands donating to Australian bushfire relief in some way so that you, too, can make a small difference. It may not be much, but I’ve personally donated to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to help rebuild Koala habitats. I will also donate 50% of profits from the Cleverly shop for the rest of January to WWF. Please do what you can – it really does impact all of us.
So far, I have found these brands donating to Australian bushfire relief in some way, and I encourage you to share any others in the comments. Many more businesses have already donated in one way or another to help Australia fight back and recover.
Brands donating to Australia
- Gum Dots: 100% of profits from this koala print donated directly to WIRES
- Dazey LA: 50% of profits from this “Help Her” t-shirt donated, plus 10 cents for every time this photo is shared on Instagram–
- Lisa Frank: $1 donated for every new follower the Instagram account receives
- Luna & Sun: Donating 50% of its profits to Peanuts Wellbeing Sanctuary
- Frank Body: 100% of profits from this beauty scrub donated for the month of January
- Pippa Small: 100% of profits from this kangaroo charm necklace donated to WIRES
- Organic Crew: 20% of all January online sales donated
- A.BCH: Donating 100% of profits from the month of January
- Kindling: 100% of profits donating for one week (ends today, Jan 10)
- FROM Clothing: £5 of each yoga bra purchase donated
- LandofAustralia: Etsy shop by Holly Matson and Evie Caldwell; donating 100% of profits from this tote bag
- Little Tienda: 20% of profits from this clothing collection to be donated
- She’s that Wallflower: 100% of profits from this digital animal illustration to be donated
- Kasey Rainbow: Donating 100% of proceeds from the pre-order of this digital download coloring book
- Ocean Peak Designs: 100% of profits from crochet hat pattern to be donated
- Ava Jewels: 100% of proceeds from clearance items sold in January to be donated
Thank you to everyone who has donated or intends to donate. Every little bit helps. You can also support Australian businesses by purchasing from their shops. More details here.
How to Donate to Help Australia
If you prefer to make a direct donation to the cause, please consider one of these organizations:
I wish I could donate more. I wish I could be there in person to do something. Right now, all that is left for me to do is share – spread the word that Australia needs our help.